This is where Brilliance and Madness merge, allowing the observance of world perspectives to form a balanced self.
Get inspired to find your highest potential and transform your life into gold!
If you would like to share your wisdom in Guidance, email us at
10 Spiritually Transmitted Diseasesby Mariana Caplan, PhD
The following 10 categorizations are not intended to be definitive but are offered as a tool for becoming aware of some of the most common spiritually transmitted diseases.
1. Fast-Food Spirituality: Mix spirituality with a culture that celebrates speed, multitasking and instant gratification and the result is likely to be fast-food spirituality. Fast-food spirituality is a product of the common and understandable fantasy that relief from the suffering of our human condition can be quick and easy. One thing is clear, however: spiritual transformation cannot be had in a quick fix.
2. Faux Spirituality: Faux spirituality is the tendency to talk, dress and act as we imagine a spiritual person would. It is a kind of imitation spirituality that mimics spiritual realization in the way that leopard-skin fabric imitates the genuine skin of a leopard.
3. Confused Motivations: Although our desire to grow is genuine and pure, it often gets mixed with lesser motivations, including the wish to be loved, the desire to belong, the need to fill our internal emptiness, the belief that the spiritual path will remove our suffering and spiritual ambition, the wish to be special, to be better than, to be "the one."
4. Identifying with Spiritual Experiences: In this disease, the ego identifies with our spiritual experience and takes it as its own, and we begin to believe that we are embodying insights that have arisen within us at certain times. In most cases, it does not last indefinitely, although it tends to endure for longer periods of time in those who believe themselves to be enlightened and/or who function as spiritual teachers.
5. The Spiritualized Ego: This disease occurs when the very structure of the egoic personality becomes deeply embedded with spiritual concepts and ideas. The result is an egoic structure that is "bullet-proof." When the ego becomes spiritualized, we are invulnerable to help, new input, or constructive feedback. We become impenetrable human beings and are stunted in our spiritual growth, all in the name of spirituality.
6. Mass Production of Spiritual Teachers: There are a number of current trendy spiritual traditions that produce people who believe themselves to be at a level of spiritual enlightenment, or mastery, that is far beyond their actual level. This disease functions like a spiritual conveyor belt: put on this glow, get that insight, and -- bam! -- you're enlightened and ready to enlighten others in similar fashion. The problem is not that such teachers instruct but that they represent themselves as having achieved spiritual mastery.
7. Spiritual Pride: Spiritual pride arises when the practitioner, through years of labored effort, has actually attained a certain level of wisdom and uses that attainment to justify shutting down to further experience. A feeling of "spiritual superiority" is another symptom of this spiritually transmitted disease. It manifests as a subtle feeling that "I am better, more wise and above others because I am spiritual."
8. Group Mind: Also described as groupthink, cultic mentality or ashram disease, group mind is an insidious virus that contains many elements of traditional co-dependence. A spiritual group makes subtle and unconscious agreements regarding the correct ways to think, talk, dress, and act. Individuals and groups infected with "group mind" reject individuals, attitudes, and circumstances that do not conform to the often unwritten rules of the group.
9. The Chosen-People Complex: The chosen people complex is not limited to Jews. It is the belief that "Our group is more spiritually evolved, powerful, enlightened and, simply put, better than any other group." There is an important distinction between the recognition that one has found the right path, teacher or community for themselves, and having found The One.
10. The Deadly Virus: "I Have Arrived": This disease is so potent that it has the capacity to be terminal and deadly to our spiritual evolution. This is the belief that "I have arrived" at the final goal of the spiritual path. Our spiritual progress ends at the point where this belief becomes crystallized in our psyche, for the moment we begin to believe that we have reached the end of the path, further growth ceases.
"The essence of love is perception," according to the teachings of Marc Gafni, "Therefore the essence of self love is self perception. You can only fall in love with someone you can see clearly--including yourself. To love is to have eyes to see. It is only when you see yourself clearly that you can begin to love yourself."
It is in the spirit of Marc's teaching that I believe that a critical part of learning discernment on the spiritual path is discovering the pervasive illnesses of ego and self-deception that are in all of us. That is when we need a sense of humor and the support of real spiritual friends. As we face our obstacles to spiritual growth, there are times when it is easy to fall into a sense of despair and self-diminishment and lose our confidence on the path. We must keep the faith, in ourselves and in others, in order to really make a difference in this world.
Adapted from Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path (Sounds True)
Also reposted at these locations =)
"Metamorphosis" By Cory and Katska Ench
OUTER-WORLD SIGNS OF THE BIRTH OF THE NEW EARTH...WOW! by Patricia Cota-Robles www.eraofpeace.orgThe New Pope, Asteroids, Meteors, Comets, Coronal Mass Ejections from the Sun, the Vernal Equinox, and the International Day of Happiness Since the Birth of the New Earth and the Shift of the Ages which we experienced over the December Solstice in 2012, people have been wondering what in the world is happening. I have been encouraging all of you to pay attention and to look for outer-world events that indicate we have gone through a quantum shift of consciousness. It is important to observe that indeed powerful changes are taking place on a daily basis. There is certainly no shortage of signs that things are changing at warp speed. If you will just reflect on what has happened in the first three months of 2013, you will be amazed. This year has been heralded as the year of New Beginnings, and it is definitely living up to that declaration. KNOW that you are an awakening Child of God. Please open your heart and mind and contemplate the following information through the "new eyes and new ears" of your true God Self, your I AM Presence. When you see the bigger picture from this higher level of consciousness, everything will make perfect sense. So far this year we have experienced an unusual influx of asteroids, meteors, comets, and extremely powerful solar flares. This may seem like just a coincidence, but nothing is happening by accident. The Elemental Kingdom is the Divine Intelligence that magnetizes the unformed primal Light substance into the matrixes that form all physical matter, including asteroids, meteors, comets, and solar flares. What the Elemental Kingdom creates is always a reflection of Humanity's consciousness. Moment by moment, as Humanity expresses our thoughts, words, actions, feelings, and beliefs the Elemental Kingdom brings them into manifest form in perfect Divine Order. The reflection of Humanity's positive thoughts and feelings manifest as positive, life-enhancing experiences in our lives. Humanity's negative thoughts and feelings manifest as challenging and often painful experiences in our lives. Our negative thoughts and feelings also manifest as inclement weather conditions and cataclysmic earth changes. But it is important to understand that even during the most catastrophic event, there is not a blade of grass or a grain of sand that is moved without the deliberate intent of the Elemental Kingdom. So why are asteroids, meteors, comets, and extreme solar flares bombarding the atmosphere of this planet since the Birth of the New Earth?
art by Daniel B Holman
What Should We Expect Dec. 12 & Dec. 21-22, 2012?
by Patricia Cota-Robles
December 12, 2012, 12:12:12, and December 21-22, 2012 are dates we have been hearing about for decades. Since Harmonic Convergence, which took place August 15-17, 1987 people have intuitively sensed the importance of this moment in time, and predicted everything under the Sun. Speculation has run the gamut including everything from the end of the world to the instant manifestation of Heaven on Earth. But what should we realistically expect?
Hold On Here We Go! by Patricia Cota-Robleswww.eraofpeace.org Fasten your seat belts. We have ALL been preparing for this Cosmic Moment for Lifetimes. Know that the end result of this amazing ride is going to be glorious. Remember, you already have within you everything you need to fulfill your part of this Divine Plan. Enter your heart and from within the sacred place of the Most High Living God, ask your I AM Presence to reveal to you the magnitude of the opportunities unfolding on Earth at this time that will allow YOU to add to the Light of the world. During the next six weeks, we will experience several powerful influxes of Light that have the capability of moving the Earth and all Life abiding on this planet forward in the Light a quantum leap. In order for this to be accomplished God Victoriously, this Light must be drawn into physical manifestation through the Heart Flames of people abiding in the physical plane. That means you and me!